A New Title

I've spent the last few weeks re-doing my logo and all my signs, business cards, social media, etc. to better represent my brand. It falls in line with the website redesign I did this past winter (isn't it pretty?). Anyway, I've been really happy with it all and sometimes catch myself staring longingly at my headers. If you haven't seen the new look, here it is:



So pretty, right?

And tonight, after my gazing was complete, I decided to google myself. It's something I do to make sure no one's talking smack, find reviews where people completely bash me, get angry at all the a-holes who are offering pirated copies of my books, and basically do anything I can to procrastinate with actual writing.

I found a pretty recent hit for my name, so I clicked. It had my name and then following KATHRYN R BIEL AUTHOR it said BAD CAKE DECORATING. You can see it here.

And there was a picture!!!

They stole it from this blog post in which I talk about all the cakes I've made for my kids and how they don't always turn out great but it's about the journey. When I click on this link with my name and the bad cake decorating, it's weird. There's a picture of Sophia's first birthday cake and then a paragraph about decorating a house that's in an airplane hanger. Someone please explain this to me??? My friend said, "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?" I have no idea. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Frankly, out of all of the pictures in my blog post, that's not my worst cake.

So, even though I'm all happy with my new headers and am now the proud owner of a seven-foot sign (and have new business cards on the way), perhaps I should re-re-do my slogan.

Kathryn R. Biel: Bad Cake Decorating at your service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit