Dear Hasbro

Dear Hasbro,

It's with mixed emotion that I write this. Your games and toys have been the staple of not only my childhood but now my children's as well. Today, enjoying a rare day home together, we decided to play a game, one my son got for Christmas, Star Wars Monopoly. As a family, we've seen the new movie (not to mention the previous 6). Both my son and my daughter are anxiously awaiting the 8th installment. So, today, as we cut through the cellophane to reveal the game pieces, my daughter looked at the choices and said, "No thanks. I don't want to play."

Why?

Because the game pieces gave her the choice of: Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Finn, and Kylo Ren. She wanted to be Rey or Princess Leia. Considering that the MAIN CHARACTER and HERO of The Force Awakens is female (REY), you really dropped the ball on this one.

I never used to consider myself a super feminist or anything. But I want my daughter to know that there is more to life than makeup and pretty dresses. She, too, can dominate the universe. She can SAVE the universe.

Perhaps, as the Star Wars merchandising opportunities continue, you may want to consider including at least one female character. Afterall, we do make up over 50% of the world's population.

Sincerely, A Concerned Mother of an Excluded Daughter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit