Just tired

I'm just tired.

Last week was February break, which was great. Got a whole lot of nothing done. Well, that's not true, but I wasn't super active. With temperatures below 0 and windchills even lower, I wasn't motivated to leave the house much. My kids were happy for the down time as well, getting to play with toys that they don't have time for, binge watching HGTV, and enjoying the ever-elusive pajama day.

And now, it's caught up with me. Working full time (for the first time since my son--who's now 11--was born) is taking it's toll. Of course, it's annual review season, which means there simply aren't enough hours in the day. This week, was just one of those weeks. Late after-school meetings, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, Learning Fair, dance, doctor's appointment. The hubs and I have been playing tag team running here and there and we're now thinking that we're not allowed to spend more than 5 minutes in the same room before one of us has to rush off.

So, I'm tired. I tend not to sleep well. There's the 2 am pee. There's the stupid cats who like to torment me by chewing on electrical cords or systematically knocking items off my dresser until I get up. There's the night sweats (and no, I'm not making the change, I've had them for 8 years now). There's never enough sleep. And the bags under my eyes are showing it. They're so big, they're practically steamer trunks. I even edited them out of one of the picture's from my son's birthday party.

Today, a concerned co-worker said, "You look like you don't feel well. Are you sick?"

Yeah no, that's just my face.

So tonight, I'm already in my jammies (God bless the hubs for doing the Scouts run tonight). I did a "rejuvenating" cucumber peel-off face mask to help my apparently terrible looking face. We're just going to gloss over how I may have gotten the goop a little close on the under eyes and how I may have had a moment of panic that mask removal may result in the loss of my lower eye lashes.

I don't know if it helped. I think I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead and call it a night. Maybe I won't look so bad in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit