Sometimes

Dear Son,

Sometimes I forget where we started.

Sometimes I forget how far you've come.

Sometimes I forget what a long road it has been.

Sometimes I forget how hard it is for you to express your thoughts.

Sometimes I forget how hard things must be for you.

Sometimes I forget that things are hard because you are still smiling.

Sometimes I forget that you are aware of some of your differences.

Sometimes I forget that you are oblivious to some of your differences.

Sometimes I forget that you are autistic.

Sometimes I forget that you are only ten years old.

Sometimes I forget that you need time to play and be yourself.

Sometimes I forget that you are not doing things on purpose to annoy me.

Sometimes I forget that you need time to yourself.

Sometimes I forget that you don't understand how to ask for help.

Sometimes I forget how frustrating it must be for you to be a square peg.

Sometimes I forget that the world doesn't always make sense to you.

Sometimes I forget that you have difficulty tuning out things that are distracting.

Sometimes I forget that I never thought you would speak.

Sometimes I forget that I thought I would never hear you say, "I love you, Mom."



But I will never, ever forget what a blessing and a joy you are and how much I love you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit