It's an Honor Just Being Nominated

Color me shocked today when I found out that Kindle Ninja had nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. It sounds totally cool and prestigious right? Right. This was how I felt...


The Very Inspiring Blogger Award is given by bloggers to bloggers.  Here are the rules:   




1. Link back to the person nominating you for the award
2. Display the Very Inspiring Blogger logo
3. Reveal seven things about yourself
4. Nominate seven others to receive the award 


So, again, a shout out to Kindle Ninja for thinking that I am even remotely inspiring. Here are my seven things:

1.  I like nothing orange. I can tolerate the occasional shredded carrot, but I find any orange food (or drink) pretty much repulsive. Even the smell of oranges makes me want to wretch.


2.  If I had a better singing voice, my career aspirations would have been to be on Broadway. I originally wanted to be a Rockette, but it was pretty apparent by the age of 13 that I would never make the height requirement.

3.  I never let my kids have Play-Doh at home because I'm too anal and don't want to have to clean up the mess. I make my parents keep the Play-Doh at their house.


4.  I could visit a zoo or aquarium every day. If I had my wedding to plan again, I would get married at the zoo. In front of the penguins. Or tigers.


5. I may have a touch of OCD, especially about the way my bed is made. I have been known to get up in the middle of the night, straighten the blankets and tuck them in again.


6.  I eat chocolate every single day, with the exception of the 40 days of Lent. I need at least just a bit each day.


7. I honestly think that I was meant to have curly red hair and that there has been some great cosmic mistake that left me with wavy (not straight, but not curly) brown hair that may have more silver than I'd care to admit.

So, here are 7 bloggers/authors who inspire me:

1. Jessica Miller at Life and Motherhood. College roomie, mom to 5, 5 and under, OT. 'Nuff said.
2. Anne McDonald at Our Little Nuthouse. Uber-mom of 6 1/2 kids. Plus, wicked funny.
3. Becky Monson. Author, photographer, (my) cover designer extraordinaire. Best cheering section.
4. Kate Leong at Chasing Rainbows. If she doesn't get to you, then nothing will because your heart is made of stone.
5.  Rants from Mommyland. If they don't make you laugh, then nothing will because your heart is made of stone.
6.  Tracie Banister at Books By Banister. Another author I aspire to be like when I grow up.
7. Stacy Menz at Starfish Therapies. Great PT, OT and Speech ideas for kids. Keeps me grounded in my actual profession.



Comments

  1. Kate, you inspire me! You have so much going on in your life, plus you keep writing, not only on a blog, but your books! You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit