Don't Judge a Book By Its ... Well, You Know

We all know the saying.

We've all said the saying.

We've all done the saying.

I do it all the time. And, as an author, I know how important it is that a cover reaches out and grabs the attention of the potential reader. I needs to look professional. It needs to be eye-catching. It needs to say something about the book.

When I started thinking about the cover for Hold Her Down, I knew exactly what I wanted. I had a crystal clear vision of what it should be.

You see, in Hold Her Down, there is a book within the book. As supporting character if you will. And this book within the book is entitled Hold Her Down. The cover is described. It is an important detail to the plot. That is how my cover image came to be. My main character, Elizabeth, picks up the book and sees the cover.



But my cover image may be a bit on the misleading side. One may take a quick glance at it and figure that Hold Her Down is a smut book. That it is a bodice-ripping Harlequin-romance type book. It is not. Don't judge this book by its cover.

The book certainly has adult themes, no doubt about it. Some are harsh and gritty. Some are slightly explicit. The main character's world is rocked when a scandalous (and rather explicit) novel hits her small town and she is suspected of being the main character. The book is all story, with very little "action," if you know what I mean. Let's put it this way, there is virtually no romance to speak of in this entire book.

So, if you thought that, based on the cover, this book might not be for you, consider again. If you are a wife, mother or woman in general, this book is for you. If you've ever been lost and struggled with who you are, this book is for you. If you're looking for a good read, this book is for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit