I Gotta Bad Feeling About This...

So, I had a great day yesterday.  I worked my tail off, and got most of my list accomplished.  For those of you keeping track, I only managed 5 loads of laundry instead of 6, and only got 2 of the 5 folded.  I figured folding laundry is something that doesn't require electricity, so as long as it's washed, I can fold it later (Plus, playing Bubble Safari and Angry Birds does require electricity, so I needed to get my fix in).  Before you besmirch me, let me tell you that, in addition to the listed items, I ended up cleaning some expired food out of the pantry, returning cans and bottles to the market, unloading and reloading the dishwasher a second time, made dinner (a yummy tortellini soup), writing a blog post (thanks Cathy for pointing that out), and carving pumpkins with the family.

And I was so good that God rewarded me with a day off from work.  Because of the impending storm, my district closed.  I work in an inner-city school district that doesn't bus, and the parents are not reliable enough to pick their kids up an hour or two early.  Voila!  Snow day without any snow.

The best part...wait for it...my kids still had school.  (Pause for maniacal evil laughter.)



So, I decided to keep up my forward momentum, and use my day off productively.  I cleaned out the shelves in the laundry and washed load #6 (from yesterday).  I folded load #5.  I vacuumed the laundry room and my bathroom.  I stripped my bed and washed my sheets and blankets.  I flea combed the cats, yet again.  I went to the vets and picked up the free samples of flea meds they promised me after infesting my cats.  I made a Wal-Mart run and got Wal-Mart Rock Star parking (second spot back, after the handicapped and cart corral, directly in front of the door).  I found slippers for my kids since they've outgrown theirs, and picked up the few things I forgot yesterday.  I picked up Sophia from school and made us lunch.  I gave the cats their flea treatment.  I am en fuego.  

While eating lunch, my feeling of pride was slowly eeked out by a feeling of dread.  Usually when things go this well, all things immediately start falling apart.  We all know this.  Just when the going gets good, your world goes to crap, and fast.  This is not a comforting feeling to have while a natural disaster is approaching.

Sure enough, one of the cats licked the other's back, and immediately began foaming at the mouth.  Great, I just poisoned my cat. I rinsed his mouth out, and hopefully he'll be ok.  Sigh.

I'm hoping that this calm before the storm is actually literal, and not figurative for my life right now.

Hope everyone stays safe!

Photo: Is this how you will prepare for the storm?  :-)

Comments

  1. Love that graphic. I find I'm not freaking out, watching the weather go nuts outside, but when I go upstairs where its quiet, I can hear all the creaking and pelting and.....well, I"m downstairs with the kids. Life is normal here, and if our roof is blown off, I might not notice until it gets damp in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit